My name is K. W. Riley and I am a writer. I’ve been writing for a while now and I’ve learned a few things along the way. I learn and grow with each piece I write and I do my best to apply that knowledge to the next piece. My goal is to be a better writer today than I was yesterday and to be a better person today than I was yesterday. If I can do both of those things, I consider myself successful.
Here are a few get-to-know-you questions and answers about me.
- Who is your hero? My Hero is my daughter. Since her birth in 2015, she has inspired me to be a better person each day. She’s the reason I started writing again (I quit writing after high school because I was so focused on music). I don’t know what I’d do without her.
- What is your favorite book to read? That changes from time to time, but right now, my favorite is a Young Adult novel called The Young Elites by Marie Lu. It’s kind of dark but it’s also pretty great.
- What makes you laugh the most? Oh gosh, The Office (US version). I’ve seen that show a million times and every time I watch the jokes get even funnier. I love it. I also love goofing around with my friends at our favorite bookstore.
- Is your glass half full or half empty? My glass is definitely half full! Happiness is all about perspective. If you look at your life and only look at the negative points, of course you’re going to be miserable. However, if you look at the good points. you’re going to be happy. So, I make a choice every morning to try to look at the bright side (Sometimes I fail, but hey, nobody’s perfect).
- If you can change one thing or fix one problem in the world, what would it be? If I could fix one problem in the world, I think I’d want everyone to just be kind to one another. I think solving that issue could fix other issues as well. If we were kind to one another, there’d be a lot less negativity floating around. Bullying or being rude in any way to any one is so ugly. I don’t like it. Just be nice to people!
So, that was just a little about me. I’d love to hear a little about you, too. So, please feel free to answer these questions for yourself and send ’em to me!